Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Planning of Our Rustic Vow Renewel Ceremony

Since Adam and I did not have the opportunity to have a proper wedding we decided to wait until we were settled in California to plan a celebration. I came up with the theme "Rustic Victorian Peach Wedding".

I have been working on the invites the past week and I finally came up with a creative way to use the fabric scraps I had left over from the wedding napkins I'm also making. I designed everything in Gimp and found free font downloads on Pinterest, 10" paper doilies on Etsy and printed them at Staples on pearl card stock. My mom made the peach tags for me. The mason jar was a clipart image I had found on Pinterest as well but I have seen it in a rubber stamp form. Not sure where the real source is because it has been replicated so often.


Please forgive my photography skills. I am still practicing with my new Canon Rebel camera so hopefully in time my images will look more professional. 








The Final Touches on Invitations

I added a couple stems of dried lavender and a little pearl on the twine.. You can buy this by the bundle for $8.99 at save-on-crafts. The pearls are from Michael's in the scrap booking aisle It smells so pretty!!






Practicing the centerpieces

I ordered some dried lavender, wheat and preserved roses from www.save-on-crafts.comI plan on using fresh roses for the decor but the preserved are for my bouquet.Very simple and inexpensive way to decorate. Re-use wine bottles and decorate with ribbon and lace. I made my own chiffon fabric flowers by cutting out clover shapes and using a flame to curl the edges and then sew layers together. They turned our gorgeous. I used an old button for the center (flea market find).



My handmade Napkins.







Embellishing my Wedding Bustier.


I fell in love with a couple of wedding dress designers in Israel and they have the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. They are glamorous but with a vintage flare. I had a custom gown made for me that didn't turn out to be my dream dress so I steered towards a different direction and made a very ballsy decision to make my own. So I sought out a bustier and I actually found the exact same one on I fell in love with on Pinterest. 

Here is the picture I found on Pinterest that I was going to use for inspiration to make a reception dress.



So I plan to embellish it with vintage lace appliques that that I found on Etsy. Fabric flowers and lots of pearl beading. This is not a difficult project it's just time consuming sitting and hand sewing everything on.

So far I have the lace appliques on next is fabric flowers and beading.

I'm going to wear this with a high waisted lace and chiffon skirt I plan on making. I found an Edwardian style skirt pattern for $40. Then for the reception I will change into a shorter more casual skirt for dancing.



Skirt Pattern-- Design on left. Top of skirt will be lace and the ruffled bottom will be silk chiffon. The pattern is more of a loose fit in which I will make it more form fitted in the hips and ruching in the back will be very fitted to create a more cascading look to the chiffon. 


Check out the rest of my wedding dress on this post!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips