Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Past Projects that are too good NOT to share!

So I wanted to share some of the furniture projects that we started on when we first moved to California. Mind you we had moved across the country from Rhode Island when he was relocated. Thank the lord!!! 

Flora was 3 weeks when we moved which was a bit of an adventure for all of us. We stopped in AZ to pick up some of my items in storage and this coffee table was one of many items I had plans to transform. 

I painted it a light sage green and bought some thick foam from Joann's (make sure you have coupons ready). The fabric was a nice ikat upholstery material by Michelle Natchez that I found from Fabric.com  ..and it's on sale right now!!!

I had my husband cut a piece of plywood to fit on top.











Meanwhile, my husband was working on the dining room table. We found plans from Ana White....She is seriously amazing. We stained the wood with a mixture of vinegar and wool in a mason jar. The oxidation aged the wood and then finished with a coat of polyurathane.


Following the dining table was the bar table for the kitchen.


We found some old cupboard doors at a repurposed item shop. Pretty cool stuff here in San Diego.



Wanted to do something different for wall decor so I painted them white including an old pair of black frames I had. Flower pictures are from Ikea.



Next project was Flora's room. It took a few months to tackle that project. She was in our room for the first few months until we finally decided she needed her own space. I love the color peach and anything antique so I definitely went towards a shabby chic look. I had found an old oak dresser at a furniture store when I lived in MI years ago and I have carried it with me through many states. It's just one of my fav's.







We found the changing table on craigslist for $60...pretty sturdy and they had repainted it. I also made the changing pad cover out of a pretty rosebud fabric.


I found the decal on Etsy from seller JustTheFrosting and the idea for the mobile on pinterest using scrapbook paper and a circle paper punch. 


I wanted some bins to put on the table so I just used old Huggies boxes and some inexpensive canvas fabric plus muslin for the inserts. Very inexpensive and easy project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips