Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

My Own Dress Design for Marine Corps Ball.

I fell in love with a designer gown that I happened to come across on a Google image search worn by a famous celebrity. The previous year I had spent $370 on a ball gown (ouch). Well since we now have little one we obviously did not have the money to be extravagant. 

So I decided to make my own. What a challenge!!! I have never made a dress like this before so I had a few crying moments through this one. 

It turned out wonderful and I was pretty happy with the results with a few minor flaws that I was able to cover up with lace appliques. 

The most difficult part of this was the shirring on the bodice. Thanks to a couple youtube tutorials I managed to figure it out....sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips