Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Handmade Vintage Bridesmaid Dresses

So I have finally finished all 5 of my bridesmaids dresses. A couple still need a lining but that is easy peazy. Now I need to find zippers and they are complete. My sister's made of honor dress was the biggest challenge only because we couldn't find a single floral dress we liked online nor could I find any floral fashion fabric I liked that would coordinate with the wedding colors and theme. Then when I was looking for vintage fabric on Etsy last week I came across this gorgeous taupe floral fabric with hints of peach and mustard. SCORE!!! There was just enough fabric for the bodice and to make a bow tie and some to spare..... (pillow cover)?

I just combined a couple simple dress patterns and mixed and matched bodices with skirts to create these.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips