Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Make Your Own Fruit Stencil for Napkins.

Apparently peaches are really hard to find on anything. I searched high and low for napkins with peaches on them and I even searched for fabric with a peach print. Of course I found nothing. I came up with an idea to create my own stencil. I found an image of a peach I liked and blew it up to a size I wanted on my laptop screen and very carefully traced over it. You can also print out the image and trace over it and that would probably be safer for your computer screen but I like to live on the wild side. I found a set of blank stencil sheets at Michael's for $3.99.

Before I actually applied this to my linen fabric I did a test image first just to make sure it came out the way I wanted. I used Tulip fabric paints and Folk Art metallics for the leaves and stem. Use a small sponge brush and dab paint around the edges and fill in.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips