Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Runway Refashion- DIY Looks With Vintage Patterns and Consignment Clothing

So I have been drooling over this Springs Runway looks and there are tons that can easily be recreated with a little digging and a little searching for the right patterns and consignment additions on a budget.

Here is a runway look from Ermanno Scervino's 2015 Spring Collection. I love these hues of lime and kelly green. So fresh and crisp. Now I'm sure this color green will hit H&M or Target as soon as I speak and I will totally miss something great...Happens every time. I rarely take this 2 year old out in public since it results in kicking, screaming and many tears. So I stay safe inside and google everything Fashion.


Here are some great skirt patterns I found on Etsy. You can play around with the leg openings as well as embellishing or adding buckles, buttons, zippers and really make this style your own.






90's Vogue 7697 Pattern 


Here is a nice seafoam green suiting fabric I chose from Trimfabric.



My new favorite obsession is Poshmark. I have found some really cool stuff on there as well as gotten rid of quite a few pieces from my own closet.

 
I found a couple of cute green sweaters and a pair of heels to finish off this look.






Pair it with a pair of lime green or brown heels.






So now I need to make the decision if I should buy these items. 

Cost to create this runway outfit:

Pattern- $5-$12
Fabric 2 yards- $10-$12
Sweater- $12-$20
Shoes- $10-$20

Total- $50-$65 plus some of your spare time and creative efforts :)

Ermanno Scervino- $800 + per piece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips